SOFT Smiles ©
Specialized Oral Focused Training
For Professional and Family Caregivers
The Georgia Board of Dentistry reviewed SOFT Smiles©
"...find your program to be excellent and a valuable asset
to the citizens of Georgia."
It's not often someone delivers more than expected. I was Mrs. Murphy relieved and gratified after a long search to find just the help my house-bound, elderly mother needed. Pam Cushenan gave very detailed instructions to me, the sitter and sitter supervisor for day-to-day thorough, gentle care of Mother's teeth, gums and denture. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Some comments from SOFT Smiles Program Attendees:
The most important thing(s) I learned today:
- Hand under hand
- Dealing with Alzheimer's patients
- Proper care techniques for special needs patients
- New and more effective products to use
- Staying calm and speak slowly to patients
- Great tips on keeping special needs patients comfortable
- How to handle patients in a positive way
- New ways to open the mouth of special needs or resistant patients
Comments on the Program itself:
- Great hands-on time!
- Upbeat presentation!
"Pam’s program Oral Care for the Aging Special Needs Patient is both practical and informative. Her presentation delivery is fantastic and goes a long way into taking the “fear” out of working with the elderly. I felt confidant that I could leave the presentation and go directly to a nursing home facility and work."
Janeime Asbury BS RDH
President Cherokee Dental Hygiene Society